Saturday, April 10, 2010

Why don't you sit right down and stay awhile?

Today has been a good day. It was my LAST day working on saturdays, hopefully for forever but I might go back in a couple of weeks or so. who knows.

D & D's came over today and made lasagna, and it was so good, and we watched one of my favorite movies EVER, and I managed to stay awake even tho I only had like 2.5 hours of sleep.

I was gonna go out or maybe go to a baseball game but I'm so sleepy I might just take a nap and wait for aixchel to come over or take a nap and go hang out with people from work. But there will definitely be some sleeping involved.

Todays meme thingy was about pictures and I don't have a scanner right now, so I'm just gonna leave that one for next week and turn it into:

Day 10 — Your favorite movie

Now, I have SOME favorite movies. In no particular order:
- 500 days of summer
- Cashback
- Across the Universe
- The Hot Chick

500 days of summer, I think it's a piece of art. I ADORE Zooey Deschanel and I think this was the best role I've seen her do. Besides the little intro where they mention "This is not a love story. This is a story about love." (or something like that) got me the first time I heard it and I knew I HAD to watch it.

Same thing happened with ATU, Jim Sturguess is a darling and anything that involves the beatles equals love. I'm usually harder on people covering one of the greatest bands ever (if not the greatest one) but I think they did a wonderful job with the covers and got the songs to fit as best as it could with the story. I just can't help but sing along to it.

Cashback. I only have one single complain about this movie. Too many boobs. Apart from that everything else is lovely, since the first scene with the break up, to Ben's insomnia which i can so easily relate to, the accents, oh my butch I'm such a sucker for accents, the whole stopping time to appreciate every second, and being in love with an artist. Words can't explain how much I adore this movie.

Last but not least, the hot chick, I think it has more of a sentimental value, I watched this one when I was literally passing through the biggest life crisis I've ever had and despite my friend's nice attempts at cheering me up, THIS was the only thing that made me laugh for a while and forget about how much the world sucked. On top of that, Butch Walker is in the soundtrack. When I was staring at the screen in the movie theather and all i wanted to do was go home and cry this beautiful voice starts singing "Give me all your fear, throw it all away. Think about the good things, no matter what they say, we'll take tomorrow, one day at the time." i just stayed frozen, I knew it was talking to me. Got home and googled the lyrics, I bought LOSC that same week. And my life has never been the same since then. But yeah, the movie was great too, Rachel McAdams is pretty, Anna Faris is hilarious, and Rob Schneider is just the greatest. Also Booger was adorable. Taquito holds such a special place in my heart that I even named my old chihuahua after him/her.


I'm off,
best wishes

Sexy: Summer Finn inspired clothing sets. Also blackboard walls.
Unsexy: That my feet are killing me and 1 day weekends :(
Song of the day: Why do you let me stay here? by She & Him. As if I didn't already love Zooey Deschanel's clothing style, and movies, I also love her folky music and well dancing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment