Sunday, April 4, 2010

Don't unplug me or just shut me down...

Today I:
Went to another baseball game with the family. These things are bad for me, I spend most of the time eating. They are always saying "Oh, and these doughnuts are amazing! You HAVE to try them!" Or "The pizzas are great! Let me get a slice for you." Sigh.

Today's topic is:
Day 04 — Your favorite book

Favorite BOOKS:
The Harry Potter series. I love the first one cause that's how it all begins. POA because it's the "happy" one, they win the Quidditch cup and Oliver Wood! The opening lines of the Order of the Phoenix give me chills:

"The hottest day of summer so far was drawing to a close and a drowsy silence lay over the large, square houses of Privet Drive. Cars that were usually gleaming stood dusty in their drives and lawns that were once emerald green lay parched and yellowing; the use of hosepipes had been banned due to drought. Deprived of their usual car-washing and lawn-mowing pursuits, the inhabitants of Privet Drive had retreated into the shade of their cool houses, windows thrown wide open in the hope of tempting in a nonexistent breeze. The only person left outdoors was a teenage boy who was lying flat on his back in a flower bed outside number four."


Apart from those, John Green. Looking for Alaska is probably the only book who has ever made me cry. I adore an Abundance of Katherines and I'm in love of Colin. I can't wait to read Will Grayson, Will Grayson :)

"I wanted so badly to lie down next to her on the couch, to wrap my arms around her and sleep. Not fuck, like in those movies. Not even have sex. Just sleep together, in the most innocent sense of the phrase. But I lacked the courage and she had a boyfriend and I was gawky and she was gorgeous and I was hopelessly boring and she was endlessly fascinating. So I walked back to my room and collapsed on the bottom bunk. Thinking about if people were rain. I was drizzle and she was hurricane."


Then there's the Jessica Darling series by Megan Mccafferty. I adore Jessica and her sense of humor, Marcus Flutie is my favorite male character EVER. BTW I won a signed copy of the last book because Megan McCafferty did a contest on twitter, you had to describe one of the books in six words. Now on the twitter contest I usually give them too much thought and write something that I think is very good and then they go and say "Let's give the prize to Whatshername cause she wrote 1000x entries and lets give her the award for her persistance." Crap. So this time I wrote many entries and won for "They make me believe in love" which I stole from Jessica herself, it's one of the lines of the last book.

My sister asked me if I was gonna be like those people who say they have won a writing award even when it was something they wrote in elementary school, and I might just do it haha hey, the judge was a published author! It has to count for something XD

Aaaand, His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman, it's been a while since I've read these but they're great. I love Lyra and Will and the idea of having a daemon and moving between universes. I don't like the ending so much but I understand why it had to finish that way.

Sexy: Marcus Flutie.
Unsexy: Hearing phone conversations from my cousin and her boyfriend. She keeps putting him on speaker and I seriously don't want to hear her sending him kisses over the phone.
Song of the day: Don't Unplug Me by ALL CAPS. Kristina and Luke did a super cute video for the song, go watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment