Friday, April 2, 2010

Bloggity Blog Blog Blog

Why hello there!

Today I:
Got up earlier than what I have gotten up all week. In fact, I don't even get up this early when I'm working. My parents, Aixchel and I went to see the Way of the Cross (or Viacrucis as we call it), which is a representation of the Passion of Christ. I hadn't gone in a while but two of my cousins were playing a soldier and the other was part of the crowd yelling to crucify him. It was mostly done by teenagers and I have to admit they did a very good job. When I was little I played part of the crowd too, and of course I had to go tell them that.

They set up the crosses in this small hill, and we were worried they might fall at some point but luckly nobody did. There was a moment though, when one of the "robbers" being crucified started leaning to his right; everybody gasped at that point but thankfully one of the soldiers grabbed the cross and didn't let him fall. You should have seen his face of relief when they got him down.

They did the representation in the morning so the sun wouldn't be so bad, but Aixchel and I got sunburned anyway. My mom lost her purse, and we had to go back to try and find it. We went to find a place that had morning tacos but the guy was closing when we got there, he said he had some pork left and potatoes but just for 2 orders for a group of six, so that was a no. Besides we can't eat meat today.

It was already noon and we searched a lot of places to find a decent breakfast but absolutely everything was closed. Just when we had given up and decided to stop at a convenience store to get some chips and sodas, my aunt and uncle found us and said we should go eat at a seafood restaurant. Now I'm not a big fan of seafood, but just being with my extended family, eating and chatting is one of my favorite ways to spend my time.

(If I do end up moving out soon, these are the moments I'm going to miss the most. So I'm trying to get as many of them as I can before I'm gone.)

Then we came home, ate some more, played Wii, took a nap for like 2 hours, said goodbye to Aixchel then watched some TV.

My mum made THIS today, it's like a Chamoy cake roll thingy. She made it with yam bean, carrots, peanuts and cucumber. It was good. I don't know where she gets these ideas.

Oh, and I started watching Skins, it's alright. My sister watches it and I never truly understood the plot but yesterday I was watching this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edE3cEhM0Mg and I got interested in it. I've only seen the first two episodes so I'm not sure if I like them or not. I like Tony tho.

TTFN

Sexy: Men in kilts. No, like, seriously.
Unsexy: Nose-blowing and throwing up. Please, don't do that in public.
Song of the day: Anecdote by Ambluance LTD. I love their sound.



ETA: Today is officially the day to Pre-order Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan. I can't wait to read it, it's by John and it's SO shiny! You should get it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment