Friday, April 2, 2010

BEDA

Good morning, good evening, good whatever.
Welcome to Blog Every Day in April, or BEDA. Now, to give you a little bit of background in case you haven't heard about it; BEDA was started last year by one of my personal heroes, Maureen Johnson,. A simple idea, put your thoughts in writing, or in a video, for a whole month. Such a good writing exercise.

Now, last year, around this time I was traveling or maybe too busy but I saw the idea a couple of days later when, being the youtube stalker that I am, watched Alex Day's videos for the complete first week of April. I thought, "this is so cool! I should give it a go..." But then I realized, starting a whole week later wasn't going to work. So I merely sat back and avidly read Maureen's blog and Hayleyghoover's blog and watched all of Alex Day's videos.

I promised myself I would do it this year if enough people were too, and of course this being the internet, a lot of people are doing it too. :) I realize this is like an hour and thirty minutes later, but hey, an hour and thirty minutes later is better than a week, right?

So here it is:

I commit to this idea and am determined to create something EVERY DAY in April, including weekends. Every day, I will find something to say. I embrace the reality that there is always something to talk about, if you are willing to take the time to look for it.

I Gaby M promise to blog every day in April.


Today I: went to the movies with some friends, ate a whole bunch of mexican food, and insanely texted all day.
Hah, I know it's not very good and it's not a lot, but tomorrow will be better, I promise.

I will also follow Ms. Hoover's example and tell you the sexy and unsexy thing of the day EVERYDAY, and a song recommendation; because I may suck at blogging BUT I think I think I can be good on these 3.

Sexy: Duh, Alex Day.
Unsexy: Dirty, greasy cornrows. In fact, any type of cornrows on nearly everyone but Marcus Flutie.
Song of the day: Get Over It by the Guillemots. IMO Fyfe Dangerfield is a music genius with a kickass name.

No comments:

Post a Comment