Monday, August 16, 2010

Singin songs of love to pass the time

I hadn't blogged in a week, and this week has been so amazing, I can't believe it.
I had spent most of the time complaining about the food and feeling homesick, but then I found some great people who made me have a great time.
Monday and Tuesday, although very informative, were kind of boring in the seminar. On Wednesday we had more activities and interaction which was great, by Thursday we started to realize those were our last days together so we all got pretty emotional and we wanted to see and do everything in the DF but we were in the seminar from 9 to almost 5 or 6 everyday so that left nothing else to do but have dinner together.

I shared a room with 4 other girls who were very sweet, but I did not get to spend much time with them, I met some great people from Colima, GDL and Yucatan who were the ones I spent most of my time with.
This seminar made me get very VERY excited for what's in my future, but also made me get completely terrified, there's just SO much left to do, so many information I recieved and so much money I'll be needing, but at least now I can see that I'm not alone in this, there are going to be a lot of mexicans out there who will probably feel the same way as I do.

I guess what I'm most terrified about is changing a lot. I talked to Moni about this yesterday, all of the people we know who have gone away for a while have changed a lot, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse but they change and we change and our friendships are never the same. I know for a fact I'll continue being friends with her and with Aixchel because we're related and meant to be in each other lives for ever and ever, but I'm worried about my other friends, the ones I feel I'll be leaving behind, because, whether I like it or not, they will be leaving me behind too :(
I WANT this change, I want this adventure, I just hope I don't change so much that we won't have things in common anymore.


Today I went to the mall where the place I used to work is, I couldn't help to feel nostalgic, I spent two years of my life in that place, and even tho I hate to admit it, I'm going to miss it a lot.

All of my partners from the seminar are filling my facebook home page with messages about the seminar and pictures and being depressed about having to leave Mexico city. So I decided to make a list about the things I'll miss the most about the seminar:
- Waking up early/going to sleep late to get in line to shower/iron my hair/use the bathroom
- Having the girl on the bed above mine moving all night XD
- Having cereal/yogurt/watermelon/toast and coffee for breakfast EVERY morning.
- Not getting enough food at lunch.
- Mrs. Valerie (who organized the event) getting mad at us for any little thing and yelling and making a scene then calling herself Führer
- Ale Alejandrooou (from Valerie's team), he was always distracted so she was always yelling at him, but he always ALWAYS had a smile on his face, he won us all :)
- listening to Luis Miguel's song a hell of a lot, it was definitely the soundtrack of the seminar. And now I can't stop singing it.
- looking out my window and seeing the Catedral. :)
- all the wonderful people I met from North&South&East&West of Mexico.


As I said before, this past week was amazing and I will never forget it. The most wonderful thing happened too! Just as I was getting all SAD about leaving everybody and I started feeling lonely/panicking about boarding an airplane again, I saw one of my favorite people in the world! Aixchel was in vacation in Cancun and she was taking the exact same plane as i was taking in Mexico city! Talk about fate, there really is a huge angel watching over me. :D

I have one more month left here at home. HOME, it feels weird to say it, seeing as I'll be leaving it soon.

TTFN



Sexy: The amount of people telling me they miss me, I wish I could hug them all. Oh, and sleeping back in my own bed :)
Unsexy: How incredibly hot it is here in Monterrey, yesterday it was 10pm and we still had 30ªC
Song of the day: Songbird by Oasis, cover by the lovely Psychedelickk

No comments:

Post a Comment