Wednesday, August 25, 2010

1 month.

We're in the final steps now. One month.

I keep repeating it to myself and feel nothing but wanting to throw up. I have so much anxiety built inside that I fear I might have to hit the next person who asks me "So, when are you leaving?" I think you can guess I have nothing figured out yet. I sent the check back to Mexico and hopefully they will be putting the money in my account very very soon. I need so much more money than that, the more I look at it, the more I seem to need, the more I seem to need, the more I spend here at home. SIGH.

I haven't found a house yet, that's what worries me the most, I did find a very lovely and affordable room the other day, by the next day it was gone. I keep browsing through the different sites trying to find something nice and cheap but mostly near the school. The only place I have found within walking distance it's this house shared by an old guy who I just don't seem so comfortable with. Also, I realized can't for serious have a house until I'm there, I'd have to check out the place before signing a contract. This are the criteria I have so far:
- Cheap. (and by cheap I don't mean 100 pounds cause I know it will suck, I'm okay with it being around, or less, preferably less, than 350)
- Location, location, location. Close to either the city center OR the school. If I live near the city center I can walk to mostly EVERYWHERE, I did find one place right across the Sheffield church, and get this, it's St. Peter and St. Paul's church. I was BORN on St. Peter and St. Paul's day! It's the reason why my mother named me Paola, it must be a sign, right? Right? But I'm not really looking forward to an hour or MORE commuting, so...
If I live close to the school that means waking up later, WALKING to work and not spending on buses, BUT then if I wanted to go out to the pubs, or simply go shopping I'd have to take the bus downtown and come home early cause it's farther away.
- It must include ALL bills. I don't really want to deal with how much we need to pay for the water, I'd just rather pay more for rent.
- INTERNET. I might go insane if I don't have a way to communicate home. They must have wireless internet.
- Washer AND dryer. the dryer part is important. I don't mind washing the dishes/cleaning around/washing my clothes, but I do need a dryer.
- If I'm going to share the house with more people (which let's face I'm going to HAVE to) at least one of these people will have to be a female. I don't care how clean the guy is, I need at least one girl I can talk with/overrule the guy out.
- A clean space, nice roommates, and a room where I can lock myself into whenever I need to get away from it all.

That's it, I know it's a lot to ask, but if I could find something like that I'd be forever happy. Maureen Johnson posted a blog about 'How to move into a dorm' today, I need someone to post a 'How to move into Sheffield' blog.

Yesterday was John Green's bday. If by now you don't know who the guy is, you clearly do not know me at all. He and his books are almost entirely to be blamed for me moving away.

"Francois Rabelais. He was a poet. And his last words were "I go to seek a Great Perhaps." That's why I'm going. So I don't have to wait until I die to start seeking a Great Perhaps."

"Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'. I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful."

-- John Green, Looking for Alaska.


God, I adore this man.

I started re-reading the Harry Potter series, I want to finish before I go because I won't be able to carry all the books with me, but that might be impossible. I'm off to visit my favorite cousin, we're gonna watch Scott Pilgrim and make very important decisons about her life as well as mine. I'll keep you posted on what we decide.

TTFN.

Sexy: John Green. I really need to stop myself from being attracted to older man, married AND with kids. enough, enough now.
Unsexy: This anxiety that's eating me inside.
Song of the day: place to hide by Mhazz. So appropiate for these times, it's not in youtube, but you can find it on itunes.
"I can say I'm sad to go, but the future's bright, or so I'm told."




On a much sadder note, nerdfighter, brave star, and just awesome person and inspiration, Esther Earl , passed away earlier this morning. I never knew Esther personally but the impact she made in the community, the hope and inspiration she gave to us all, was so big. I watched/read her blogs and despite being ill, she always seemed happy and had a smile on her face, you couldn't help but to like her. As Kristina Horner said, my wand is raised to Esther and her family.

"To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."

No comments:

Post a Comment