Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Highs and lows

I just want to say I'm typing this under 5 different types of medications so I apologize in advance if this doesn't make any sense.

This past weekend was spent in bed, practically dying from both boredom and sickness, watching Toy Story 1 AND 2, twice. Leave it to me to get sick on a weekend. I literally had no voice this past Saturday, and today I'm not feeling that much better, but at least I'm breathing.

On Sunday I couldn't take it anymore and went out with my mother to the mall*, and we happened to run into my head doctor, also pediatrican and uncle, who had given me, just a couple of hours before the encounter, strict instructions not to leave the house. I swear these things only happen to me.

Maybe I'm just stressed, maybe it's that time of the month, I dunno. I'm missing the inspiration and thrive that I seemed to have early this year. Oh, my young and naive self.

I was supposed to hear from my future school this past week and nothing, I emailed them today to see what's going on. Chances are they still have my address wrong. But I feel like I can't be bothered anymore.

1) I still have to finish the material I was asigned to; 2) I haven't even started working with the presentation team, and let's face it, neither of us has that many ideas to work with; 3) I'm stressed at my current job because some of my students aren't performing that well this month; 4) I have a million bills to pay, CC, cell, etc. 5) On top of that my medicine isn't that cheap either, my uncle makes sure you get better by demanding some of the best;6) Chikis meds and vaccines were pricey; 7) I still owe money to my dentist; 8) if my mom needs money to pay for HER things, I have to lend her the money because I feel bad if I don't; 9) if my aunt and uncle can't come to bring the kids I have to give more money to my mom to go pick them up; 10) if things break around the house and I'm the one who pays for the new stuff, because I'm the one who can't sleep at night if the lock of the front door is broken and my dad says "It's fiiiiine, we'll just lock from the inside," hell no. 11) I STILL haven't heard from the school**. Sigh, I could go on and on.

I'm almost 99,99%*** sure I'm not coming up with enough money to go, hell I'm not even sure I can come up with HALF of the money to go, sometimes I feel like it's just TOO much.

But such is life, right? Isn't this what is all about? Alternating highs and lows; suffering at times so when you get to the high points it tastes so much sweeter, isn't it? I sure hope it is, and I sure hope the good ones can come up sooner.


ttfn
Gaby


Sexy: Upcakes! Such a clever, sweet, and nice idea, about both the design AND the name.
Unsexy: Debts. Seriously.
Song of the day: Here Comes My Baby by Sons of Admirals. Basically, it's Alex Day (whose song writing style I adore, and plainly find the way he thinks and writes fascinating); Tom Milsom, ( I love the sounds that he produces, I was going to say "makes" but that just sounded wrong XD anyway, I just think he's so musically talented), Edd Plant and Charlie McDonnell. Personally, I think they still need to work on their voices, but I also think they couldn't have picked a better name. I'm already excited to listen more about them, and this is only from listening to a cover of a 60s cheesy song. So, go, listen and buy it.


* I know, I know, I'm complaining about money and still I went to the mall. Just so you know, I only got an ice cream and an itunes card this time. :-P
** Sometimes I wish they'd just mail one day and say "Sorry! we overlooked you! How about we save you a place for next year?" And then maybe, just maybe, I'd be able to save enough money to go.
*** It's that 0.01% that keeps me going, honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment