Thursday, June 10, 2010

Don't panic and bring a towel.

19 days to go til my birthday and after my last post I've changed my mind, I want THIS for my birthday. And nothing more... Well, maybe you can throw a Haruki Murakami book in there too.

Speaking of books, earlier today somebody asked me what my favorite book was. That's so difficult for me, it's like if somebody asked a mother who her favorite child was... probably not exactly like that, but pretty close.

So I had to divide them into categories.

My favorite writer is John Green, so...

My favorite John Green book: Paper Towns.

My favorite book that makes me cry: Looking for Alaska by John Green.

My favorite Christmas book: Let it Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle.

My favorite John Green love story: An Abundance of Katherines.

Onto the others...

My favorite "children" series: Harry Potter by JK Rowling.

My favorite HP book: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

My favorite YA series: The Jessica Darling series by Megan McCafferty.

My favorite fantasy novels: His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman.

My favorite angsty book: The Catcher in the Rye, (do I even need to say it?) by JD Salinger.

I could keep going on and on, but this are the ones who are usually next to my bed, along with a giant encyclopedia that I use to have there since I was a kid because I've always been a geek.

So there you have it, if you want to keep me happy, you should give me a book. Maybe I'll do movies and music next, haha.


Sexy: Writers. No, forget about writers, I'd settle for guys who actually read.

"On the nightstand: No nightstand, just a pile of books!"
From an interview to John Green, *Swoon* a man after my own heart.

Unsexy: My immune system. After teaching 5 year olds for months it seems like it just gave up on me and I'm usually always sick.
Song of the day: Peeing in a Bottle (Genie in a Bottle parody) by Armoured Bearcub. Their name making reference to His Dark Materials, and with a song from one of my FAVORITE scenes in Paper Towns = <333 I must get their CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment