Monday, November 8, 2010

Bumped

First of all, I'd like to apologize for the girliness of my last post, I'd like to blame it on the fact that I've been feeling homesick lately and also, I had run out of chocolate. ;)

But leaving that aside, today I'm here to talk to you about something else, if you have read this blog before you must know I'm a fan of Megan McCafferty's Jessica Darling series. Jessica is smart and hilarious and sarcastic and dramatic, and at the same time so relatable. I had had those same fears and insecurities as a teenager, she made me feel like I wasn't alone in this big and scary growing up thing. And then there's the boy. While most girls I knew were swooning over Mr Darcy, Michael Moscovitz, Dexter Jones, or Edward Cullen (ew!), I was busy obsessing over Marcus Flutie. Because lets face it, he's fascinatingly unpredicatable, and probably the only guy with dreadlocks that I'd ever date. (Hah =D )

It's always a bittersweet thing to read the end of a series you love so much, but I'm very happy with how they ended and at the same time, really excited about Megan McCafferty's new novel, Bumped.

“a sharply funny and provocative dystopian novel set in a world where only teens are able to have babies, and are contracted by adults to carry them to term.” --


The book comes out on April 26th, 2010. I can't hardly wait.



Also, today is awesome because even though 1) it's a Monday, 2) the weather is horrible, 3) I obviously choose the worst days to go to work wearing high heels and my hair down, and 3) I arrived to school late and with a broken umbrella; I have some of the cutest students in the world. They also happen to be hilarious, my face hurts not only from standing out in the cold for so long, but also from smiling so much.

Okay, I'm done.
TTTFN!


Song of the day: We're going retro, My boy lollipop by Millie Small. Because it's cute and because I've had it in my head all day.
You are as sweet as candy
you're my sugar dandy

No comments:

Post a Comment