Sunday, October 3, 2010

new times

I have officialy been in the UK for almost a week now and I still can't explain how I feel. Nature is absolutely beautiful and the houses and everything is lovely. The family I've been staying with for this short time has been nothing but nicer to me, but I can't wait to move out of here and find my own place.
The first things I bought while being here were a pair of small boots, an umbrella and a hair dryer. I wanted to get a straightener too but I'm trying to save money while being here.

I've already went to the school and met some of the students, but I really don't start working until next week. We had a meeting with the other assistants and it went by okay, we went to get a pint of beer afterwards and some of the girls are lovely, I even met a mexican assistant who also went to the seminar with me! We didn't talk to each other then because we were in different teams but I defnitely remembered her from back then. Everybody seemed so lovely and I hope I get to hang out with them more.

I'm now able to go to the City Center (on foot) and go to the shops and the big ferris wheel, just the main road, mind you, I don't think I could go around all the center. I'm excited and nervous and overall worried, I thought the feeling would go away once I got here but it seems to never leave me.

I miss my family, I miss my dog and I miss the mexican food already. I cried the first couple of days, I got all emotional just by writing an email to my dad, I freaked out the day before yesterday because I couldn't find my passport (which was in my bag all the time I kept searching) but all in all I think I'm alright. I get too happy when I get emails and wall messages from people back home, so if you can, send me as many as you want, I'd love to read them and I'll try to reply back as soon as I can.

One last thing that has kept me going is thinking that maybe by the next holidays I'll be visiting this:



If you know where that is, but most importantly, if you know from what movie that is, I probably love you already. :)
I'd love to go, even if I can't pay to go inside, visiting the gardens would be more than enough for me.




“I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the look, or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun.” ---
damn, I wish I had brought that book with me, I guess watching the movie will have to do.




Cheers!


Sexy: Mr. Darcy. I adored Mr Bingley in the movie adaptation, simply because he was precious and lovely and perfect, but in the books, Mr Darcy has my heart.
Unsexy: Not having an umbrella while it's raining so hard that you can't even have your eyes open anymore. I seriously don't recommend it.
Song of the day: To go with the weather, Blue Skies by Landon Pigg. Such a lovely song, Pigg really gets me sometimes.
look at the blue skies gone gray
another breath without the girl I like
another disappointing day


ps. I posted the wrong piece in the last entry, too many embarrasing mistakes, the one I sent is up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment