Thursday, October 7, 2010

first impressions

I found a place to live! The locaton is okay, the kitchen is good, my room is lovely, the bathroom is mehh... I still find the idea of sharing a bathroom disgusting but it's not like if I can pay to have my own HOUSE. I move in this weekend, after I buy food and beddings and sheets and stuff. Sigh.

I already had classes with some of the kids here, some of them are lovely but I already don't know what else to talk about with them. And then there are others who just started learning Spanish and they get really nervous with me so I can't actually get a whole sentence out of them, just pieces of sentences, sometimes even words. gaahh... today was really a reminder that I'm not here just to visit, this isn't a holiday, I'm here to work and I want to do my best, so I'll probably have to work harder.

I've been keeping in contact with one of my best friends through emails, she doesn't get to log in that often and even if she did, our schedules are so different that with our luck we would probably never "meet" each other anyway. So I have been writing and telling her everything that has been happening to me, she said my adventures remind her of a british novel, bless her heart, I wish. It's been SO nice to have someone who I know will understand what I'm going through, and who has the patience to read everything I say and answer back as soon as she can, I keep joking and telling her I won't have anything new to say once I'm back, but that's alright cause neither will she anyway.


TTFN


Sexy: British accents. Just sayin'
Unsexy: Colds. I can just FEEL one coming, and I still haven't gone to register with the GP :(
Song of the day: Imagine by John Lennon. I grew up listening to this, it never gets old.
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one..

No comments:

Post a Comment