Sunday, December 6, 2009

I love December.

This is by far my favorite time of the year. Right now, it must be 0°C outside, I have TONS of work to do, I think I'm getting sick and I have the worst toothache I've ever had and still I'm smiling and drinking hot chocolate and listening to Christmas songs :)

Remember in Gilmore Girls how Luke had his dark day? Well, my dark day was this last friday, my grandmother passed away when I was 6 and to this day I haven't been able to completely get over it. There has never been a way for me to go away and fish by myself so I'm usually just moody this day. To make things worse it's my mom and dad's wedding anniversary, so while sometimes we celebrated with a dinner and everything I felt guilty for not having my grandma around. We usually have a mass in her name, I don't like going to church but always did on the day she passed away
but this is the 3rd year I haven't been able to go, the last two I have been at work and the first one I was in Texas.

This year was a bit different, I slept for most of the day, only had a couple of classes during the night and actually some of the people from work managed to get a smile on my face, so I'm thankful for that.

Apart from that I have been busy going to family reunions and birthday parties, last saturday I went with Aixchel to a concert, it was a Beatles tribute show, and mind you I don't really like covers but decided this was the closest I'd ever be from the real thing so I might as well enjoy it.

First some kids played, and ohmygod they made me feel ashamed of owning a guitar, they were SO good. And one of them looked like Chucky's son! But honestly he was so great and so adorable and had his tough face on all the time, plus he was a bassist, I have always had a thing for bass players :)

Then we waited and waited and sat on the floor of the dirties venue I've ever been, and while everybody was offering us drinks my friend and I were eating candies and sucking lolly pops. We're HARDCORE like that. We basically waited til midnight cause that's when Jumbo decided to play and while they did get people to yell and boo at them for the first 3 minutes we all forgot about it when they started playing . They played most of my favorites, and it was a great night.

Videos because I'm awesome:







I started Christmas shopping and while I spent the whole weekend telling my parents I wanted a pair of skates for Christmas, I went to Walmart with my dad and couldn't help to buy myself a pair XD I had ones when I was like 7(?) but I sucked at skating hah so I have to teach myself again. People at walmart must hate me by the way, they had the skates all the way up these shelves so we asked for help and I kept changing them cause I didn't know what size they were and when we found the correct one I had to change them again cause they were yellow and I wanted them in blue. lol

I'm also working on something for Christmas for everybody so I shall post that soon.

Anyway, I hope your holidays are as awesome as mine are right now.


Best Wishes,
Gaby

PS. I'm rereading Let it Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle. It's so amazing and fantastic and I adore this little book so much. I think you should buy it. "And sometimes you can convince yourself that it is not the middle but will last forever. That middle is never the end, though." -John Green's Let it Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment