Monday, November 9, 2009

"I figured something out. The future is unpredictable."

This morning I finished and sent to Mexico city the application to go work as a Foreign Language Assistant in the UK. I've a million things which would make me not adequate enough for this position; but I also have a million more which would make me totally right to get it. I'm excited, I'm nervous, but above all, I'm freaking out. What if they say no? I've been working my whole life to get a chance like this one, go out to a foreign country, meet new people, be independent and see the world. But then I think why not?! I HAVE been putting my ass off to get everything I need for this and I'm more than qualified. And then I think what if they say YES? what the hell am I going to do all by myself in a foreign country for almost a year without my family around to help me or a decent place to live?

God, I can't wait. I'm going to keep feeling this... this emptiness inside until they call with news. Which won't be until March or so... So I'm going to continue freaking out about this until then.

My mother already informed about this to every single member of my extended family and they were all ready to throw me a Bon Voyage party but I had to tell them I wouldn't know until the begining of next year and even then I wouldn't be leaving until... June? I think.

I had to write TWO essays for the application, I guess that's what took the longest and was for me the hardest part. I'm a translator, I can tell you what someone else had said, I'm the messenger, never the writer. But I think I ended up with two good pieces, one was of the reasons why I want to become a Foreign Language Assistant, and I think it's the best thing I've written in my whole life. The other was like a biography where I had to include the 4 main attractions of the city where I live, THAT one was difficult, but I think it turned out okay. I also had to give them 3 different places where I would like to live, although they can't promise anything, but I also couldn't decide, being already on the other side of the world, who really cares? But I told them Scotland and Oxford and I might have referenced Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials in there, I'm such a dork sometimes. We'll see... when I hear back from them I might post them here, if I remember to do so.

Speaking of books! I started reading Megan McCafferty's Jessica Darling series because certain Miss hayleyghoover recommended it and Ohmygod, I loved it. I've only read Sloppy Firsts but I'm buying the rest of the series on ebay as I type. Go.Read.Them.

I'm also expecting a couple of CD's and t-shirts to arrive on the mail :D


I also have pictures of puppies to show you but I'll probably do that later this week.


Last but not least, a video of my favorite, Butch Walker:

CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment